All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
Each change is falls into one of the following growing list of convoluted categories. Here is a legend of what each category defines.
|Accessibility||For the blind and visually impaired.|
|Comfort||Quality of life, to make the website more comfortable to use.|
|Function||Website functionality referring to features.|
|Layout||The design of the website and placement of things|
|Locale||Language and region.|
|Performance||How the website runs on user hardware.|
|Brand||Link branding and company logos.|
|Misc||No other category.|
|MGW Dispatch||Front-facing changes pertaining to our proxy service.|
0.11.0 - 2023-8-22
- Performance: Where lazy loading doesn’t work, set image URIs for products when their tab opens to avoid loading all of the images at once.
- Function: “Back to Top” button.
- Function: Button to visit the MGW Community Chat.
- Visual: “Greeting” figure; vote on the next one at The Anime Figure Club.
- Brand: MGW Community Chat footer link.
- Brand: The Anime Figure Club footer link.
- Brand: Patreon icon with the Membership Perks link.
- Brand: MGW Figure Search banner.
- Misc: Legend for this changelog.
- Function: Mandarake now shows items from the “Figure” sub-category of the “Toy” category.
- Function: Where prices are available, they are show within the product.
- Accessibility / Visual: The updated time above the footer now has a background to make it easier to read.
- Accessibility: The “see more” links now show the retailer’s name (i.e. “More from AmiAmi”).
- Accessibility: The “see more” links have a backing to make the text easier to see against the background.
- Accessibility: HTML title attributes on tab navigation controls and “see more” links.
- Layout: The product images are larger and closer to one another.
- Layout: MGW Ranks main logo is now consitently sized.
- Layout: Both main and compact MGW Ranks logos now have explicit dimensions.
- Comfort: Darkened the background color for better visibility.
- Visual: Gradient on the navigation bar.
- Visual: The Buy Me a Coffee icon has been resized.
- Comfort: Icons for the tab navigation stay in the navbar.
- Visual: Tab navigation icons were changed to more compact ones.
- Performance: Site images use cache-busting to avoid stale versions from loading.
- Brand: Use different Buy Me A Coffee logo.
- Brand: Reword supporter banner.
- Visual: Product drop shadow.
- Function: Social Media banner.
- Performance: Laggy scrolling on certain devices.
- MGW Dispatch: Images from Mandarake listings showing “Now Printing”
0.10.1 - 2023-8-3
- KotoUS New Arrivals and Exclusives.
- AmiAmi Today, New Arrivals for both Japan and international regions.
0.10.0 - 2023-03-17 - 1st Anniversary
- Animate Rankings for the Japanese region.
- KotoUS New Arrivals are now taken from the “Shipping Now” page.
0.9.0 - 2023-03-11
- PWA support, finally allowing MGW Ranks to be installed!
- Script, style, and asset caching with Service Worker.
- Banner to direct users to their localized versions of the page.
- “Today” section for figures and hobby goods new to the retailer on the current day.
- “See more” link to direct the user to the respective retailer’s section of the dedicated page.
- Dedicated pages for Today, New Arrivals, Exclusives, and Pre-owned products are no longer limited by quantity.
- Introduced a maximum height to curb taller product images.
- On small screens, only one product is listed in a row versus the previous two.
- On medium-sized screens, a maximum of six products are listed in a row over the previous maximum of four.
- Localized the webmanifest.
- CSS files have Sha512 SSI integrity added over the previous Sha256 ones.
- Language links in the footer now set the language as the top links do.
- Switching between the locales sets a cookie.
- The Buy Me A Coffee image now has an
- Footer links have
- Products no longer overlap on smaller screens.
- Japanese title for the dedicated new releases page.
The “Today” section lists figures and items which are new to a retailer today. They may be pre-orders or new arrivals, but in the end, they are all new today. This differs from the “New Arrivals” tab and while it may overlap with it, it does not replace it.
[0.8.0] - 2023-02-11
- Dedicated pages for new releases, exclusives, and pre-owned figures.
- Cache-busting for scripts and CSS. Who ya gonna call?
- SSI integrity for scripts.
- Region links in the footer.
- Reintroduced pre-owned listings.
- Page content fills screen width on larger screens.
- Font-size in footer.
- Blur behind navigation menu.
- Expanded the footer with convenient access to the links on the home page, so as not to go looking for them.
[0.7.1] - 2023-01-12
- Temporarily disabled pre-owned listings to allow other listings to update.
[0.7.0] - 2022-09-24 - For Mutsu
- Date header for the best selling figures.
- Section for the latest pre-owned figures.
- International & Japanese regions: AmiAmi and Mandarake
- Japanese region: Suruga-ya
- Visual: Logos on the best sellers page are now aligned to the bottom.
- Comfort: Extra padding between the header and footer on the best sellers page.
- Comfort: Extra padding on the side of the changelog.
[0.6.1] - 2022-09-09
- AmiAmi International items are once again showing.
[0.6.0] - 2022-07-29
- Dedicated page for best selling figures for the International and Japanese regions.
- CD Japan rankings for the international region.
- Neowing rankings for the Japanese region.
- HOBBY STOCK rankings for the Japanese region.
- KADOKAWA Store rankings for the Japanese region.
- KADOKAWA Store bonuses for the Japanese region.
- Affiliate disclaimer below navigation menu and in page footer.
- Layout: The logo link has been added to the navigation menu when the user has scrolled.
- Comfort: The logo’s URL accommodates the current locale.
- Visual: Reworked product rank and discount badges.
- Locale: International and Japanese ranking badges use locale-appropriate suffix.
- Visual: Active navigation menu item’s background color now matches the accent.
- Visual: The navigation menu has a background color.
- Visual: On larger screens, the navigation menu font size has been reduced to 1.3rem from 1.5rem.
- Visual: On smaller screens, the navigation menu items have reduced font sizes and padding to accommodate more items.
- Layout: The navigation menu sticks to the top of the page as the user scrolls.
- Comfort: Changing tabs scrolls to th top of the page.
- Visual: Missing bookmark icon.
- Misc: Stupid spelling misatkes.
[0.5.1] - 2022-06-24
- Visual: Remove the horizontal scroll bar that appears on the Supporters page with smaller screens.
[0.5.0] - 2022-06-24 - “The Optimization One”
- Kotobukiya Shop exclusives for the Japanese region.
- Link to the issues page on the changelog divider.
- Web manifest.
- Comfort: Padding around the locale selector links have increased for users with small screens.
- Comfort: The font-size for the locale selector links have increased.
- Comfort: The social media links in the footer are larger on smaller screens.
- Optimization: Internal image assets are served as WebP images, excluding the background.
- Optimization: Reduced stylesheet size by removing unused CSS classes.
- Optimization: SVG-based icons replace custom fonts.
- Optimization: The favicon is now an SVG, replacing the previous PNG-based one.
- Optimization: The background image is available in numerous sizes and changes based on screen size.
- Visual: Decreased the MGW Ranks logo size when beside the navigation menu.
- Visual: Social media links in the footer now match the adjacent MGW services links.
- Visual: The footer copyright font-size is smaller.
- Visual: The links for MGW services vertically on smaller screens and horizontally on larger ones.
- Visual: The social media links in the footer have more lateral space.
- Visual: Color scheme is marked as
darkto avoid automatic adjustment by certain browsers.
- Visual: The footer background is opaque.
- Visual: Darkened the changelog background color to be less gray.
- Visual: Lightened the changelog headers’ text color to separate them from the actual changes.
- MGW Dispatch: Improved cache headers for proxied images.
- Text: Logo shows on the Japanese page.
[0.4.2] - 2022-05-21
- Kotous products not showing.
[0.4.1] - 2022-04-28
- Discount and ranking badges become translucent on hover to better see the image.
- Scrolling issue on touch screens.
- Social share buttons being hidden on certain Chromium browsers.
- Text overflow on smaller screens.
- Blurry EJ Anime Store logo.
[0.4.0] - 2022-04-28
- Kotous Exclusives for the international region.
- Kotous New Releases for the international region.
- EJ Anime Exclusives for the international region.
- Fallback images if the product image cannot be found.
- Tab controls on larger screens to go to the next or previous tab.
- The current tab is saved and automatically activated when reloading the page.
- Users with touch screens can swipe left and right to go to the next or previous tab.
noopenervalue for product links.
- Share buttons for Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Product images are now proxied for privacy and retailer server stability.
- The “Recommended / Exclusives” is now “Exclusives” for English and Japanese localizations.
- Background color for the changelog is now solid to be easier to read.
- Footer now takes less space on smaller screens.
- HobbySearch Japanese typo
nofollowrel values for product links.
[0.3.1] - 2022-03-23
- The link for the international AmiAmi Rankings now goes to the public rankings page.
[0.3.0] - 2022-03-23
- Tokyo Otaku Mode International Best Sellers.
- Tokyo Otaku Mode International New Releases.
- Clicking the retailer’s image will open a link to the respective results page.
- This changelog is now accessible from https://ranks.mygrailwatch.net/changelog
[0.2.0] - 2022-03-19
- The date when results were last updated.
- Background image credit to Altinay Dinc.
- The background color now matches the blue in the background image so that it’s not jarring when the image loads.
- The item images are larger on smaller screens.
- The discount and position badges are slightly larger on smaller screens.
[0.1.0] - 2022-03-17